How To Create a Watch Brand
To create a watch brand is to perfectly combine design and function, and then gain user love and market share. Therefore, choosing an experienced and skilled watch manufacturer can ensure the continuous output of high-quality watches.
At Zhanchuang (Romlicen) Watch Company, we will provide customized private label services of various watch styles, different colors, and materials such as zinc alloy, stainless steel, bronze, etc. If you are planning to start your own watch brand and don’t know how to start a watch brand, here is what you need to know.
Define the appearance of your own watch brand
Before we go into the details of actually designing a watch, the first thing is to spend some time defining the appearance of your own watch brand.
When considering how to build a watch brand, you first need to consider:
- Your target audience
- The desired price your target audiences accept
- Material and look they’re looking for
- Amount of investment
- Watch sales channels such as retails or wholesales
Once you have a total understanding and market research of the style you are looking for, which can assist in you figuring out how to better create a watch brand that meets the expectations of your potential customers.
Detailed anatomy of watch parts (components)
Before building the watch brand and design the watch, it’s very useful for you should make an in-depth understanding of each watch component.
It is very crucial to cooperate with an experienced watch manufacturing company that offers a various range of styles and materials. They provide you with more options. We deeply know every high-quality part makes up the high-quality final products.
- Movement: battery-operated quartz, mechanical, automatic movement, and hybrid. Your watch manufacturer can better guide you on what to pick.
- Case Material: It’s the core body of the watch under the bezel. The common options include stainless steel, metal alloys, titanium, brass, ceramic, carbon fiber etc.
- Case Back: Placed on the back of the watch and is removable.
- Bezel: The outer edge of the dial that goes around the watch face and the glass.
- Dial: The part of the watch that tells time.
- Subdial: A smaller dial, this can be added to show other information such as seconds, minutes, hours, and used as a stopwatch.
- Crystal: The transparent cover place on top of the watch.
- Hands: The small part of the watch that tells the time.
- Lugs: The outer part that connects the watch case to the straps.
- Crown/Pushers: The small parts on the outside of the watch that helps adjust the time or wind the watch.
- Strap / Bracelet: The bands used to clasp the watch around the wrist and fasten it. There are many, many options available such as metal, leather, rubber, etc..
- Buckle: The metal part on the strap which is used to lock the watch on the wrist.
- Marking: The logo or branding on the watch face or back case.
- Packaging: How to pack your watch and present to the customer.
Design and prototype a watch for your watch brand
It’s time to start considering watch design after you’ve got the total knowledge of the different parts of the watch.
The process of designing a watch for your brand is below:
- 2D drawing: We’ll create a 2D engineering drawing of the watch after you finish the watch design. It is the necessary step to make any changes to the design.
- 3D modeling: It’s the optional step to finish the 2D drawing. because you can see the watch size and how the watch comes together.
- Prototyping: We’ll make a working prototype of the watch once the design is fully complete and confirmed. You can see the final product before mass production.
If you want to start your own watch brand but are not sure about the specifics, our in-house team can help you creating your watch brand from start to finish.
We have the necessary industry experience and knowledge to ensure that each watch is gotten the utmost attention to creating a superior product.